On 10th February, The Hon Joe Hockey, MP joined with Australian Athlete of the Year Kim Crow and Layne Beachley, No 2 in the Top 100 Sportswomen of all time to launch 'Every Day is Sport for Women Day in 2014'.
• 10th February – 31st December Sport for Women Centralised Women’s Sport Aggregator and public relations unit.
• 16th July Sports Advocacy Group Mid Year Women’s Sport Review and AGENDA Conference.
• 29th September The Sportswomen’s Ball as part of Canberra Parliament Sports Festival- A celebration of Women’s Sport.
• October/November AGENDA Sport for Women Day Special. The sporting day will bring together media outlets, sportswomen, activists and other organisations to celebrate female sports and co-organise activities to promote participation and higher profile.
• Continuous promotion of women’s sport from a centralised and specialised unit ensuring maximum visibility.
• Four key focus points – Launch with participation – Conference & Review – Celebration & Participation - Promotion
• Media Joint Venture;
• Business partnerships and mentoring;
• Women’s sport education (of all stakeholders) and related benefits.
• Media engagement
About Sport for Women:
• Recognises that government investment in sport should be divided equally between men and women
• Believes that sports federations should be demonstrably accountable for the operation and promotion of their sport to the female community
• Believes that the accountability needs to be policed by an independent NGO
• Advocates for a tactical campaign to provide the necessary stimulus to the corporate and broadcasting communities to generate increased profile and corporate investment